This recipe can use any one of the following Something Special products:
Gourmet Red Chili
• Red Chili Pepper Spread
• Gourmet Jalapeno
• Gourmet Pomegranate
8 oz soft cream cheese (regular or light)
1 tsp curry powder
½ tsp ground turmeric
3 Tbsp mango chutney
3 Tbsp your favourite Something Special Dip or Spread
¼ cup green onions, chopped
¼ cup raisins
¼ cup pine nuts, roasted under the broiler (on low) for a few minutes
1 pkg rice crackers Method
1. In a small bowl, thoroughly combine the cream cheese, curry powder and turmeric. (Can make ahead to this point: refrigerate mixture if not using immediately).
2. In a separate small bowl, combine the mango chutney and the Something Special dip of your choice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture into a circle, about 4 - 5 inches in diameter, onto a serving plate.
4. Top cream cheese mixture with mango chutney/dip mixture.
5. Sprinkle with raisins, green onions and toasted pine nuts.
6. Serve with rice crackers.