Quinoa and Antipasto Salad
This recipe can use any one of the following Something Special products:
Gourmet Antipasto Original
• Gourmet Antipasto Vegetarian
1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa
1 cup (250 mL) water
1/2 cup (125 mL) diced cucumber
6 T (100 mL) diced feta cheese
1 1/4 cup (300 mL) Something Special Gourmet Antipasto
1 green onion, chopped
1 can drained tuna, or 1/2 cup (125 mL) cooked diced chicken, or 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh cooked shrimp Method
1. In a small saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil.
2. Simmer for 15 minutes on low, according to package directions and let stand for 5 more minutes.
3. Pour cooked quinoa into a medium-sized bowl, cover, and cool to room temperature.
4. Stir in chopped cucumber, feta cheese and green onion and optional cooked tuna, chicken or shrimp.
5. Cover and refrigerate completely.